Monday, February 13, 2012

Black Bears held Lin to 2

The recent explosion of Jeremy Lin fever in the NBA sent me scrambling for a review of a long ago game I attended between the Black Bears and Harvard at Lavietes Pavilion in Cambridge.

Basketball's newest sensation, Lin, played his college ball at Harvard and I figured he just might have been with the Crimson for that November game in 2006. Although I was there, I had no recollection of him.

What I did remember was Harvard shooting a lot of free throws in a close game.

Sure enough, Lin came off the bench and played 25 minutes for the Crimson. He scored two points on 1-for-6 shooting, had six rebounds, two assists and four steals.

As for the foul shots? Harvard made 28 of 37 to the Black Bears' 10 of 15 and won the game, 75-71.

So, there you go. The Black Bears held Jeremy Lin to two points.

Two years later, however, Lin and Harvard visited Orono and posted a 76-63 victory and Lin did what he's doing now in the NBA, filled the stat sheet.

In the December 2008 game, Lin led the Crimson with 18 points. He also had seven rebounds, six assists, two steals and a blocked shot.

No comments: